Monday, August 16, 2010

Tidy Tips: Organizing Your Changing Table or Dresser

I grew up in a very clean and tidy home, and in my younger years I didn’t appreciate it. When I hit High School I started to realize that I had inherited this wonderful trait from my Mother. While most high school kid’s bedrooms are a mass of clutter and clothes, mine was quite clean and neat. The older I get the more this becomes a blessing and a curse (sometimes I can get too crazy about it). I love to organize and wish I had more time to do so, but who doesn’t? I am the newest Mom of the bunch and when I started a baby budget, I just couldn’t see the point in getting a changing table. It didn’t make sense to spend money on something you would only be using a short time. My husband and I opted to make our own and IKEA was having a killer deal on the MALM 3 door dresser, it was a steal at only $39! We bought the dresser, attached a changing pad to it and “voila”, instant changing table! A dresser is something that can grow with my child, now the only challenge was how to organize it? I am quite the IKEA lover, they are so good at organizing, and I had bought the KOMPLEMENT drawer organizers ($9.99) for my bedroom dresser. A light bulb went off, wouldn’t they be great to organize all of your changing table supplies! Really, this is a way to make your drawers look amazing and it takes all of about 5 minutes to do. I keep a refillable box of wipes and diaper rash cream on the top on the dresser and everything else is in the top drawer, easily accessible, and ready to use!




5 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I'm using a dresser as a changing station as well. I got shoe-sized bins from Smith's grocery for $1 each and have been using them to organize EVERYTHING in the drawers. It's a life saver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would have done that before getting Cash's changing table. I do have the same organizers for his clothes though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog... just stumbled on it... I love these Komplement organizers too! Last time we traveled I actually packed them (they zip flat) and they worked great for baby toy/book/clothing storage at my in-law's house. Boo-Boo also likes pulling everything out of them (given the chance) and carrying them around the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oak wardrobe
    Wonderful! its amazing dresser.So beautiful color.i love this color.i am really impressive to see this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We Give out personal loans for debt consolidation, bad credit loans, unsecured loans, loans for bad credit and instant secured loans with cheap rates Do you have a firm or company that need loan to startup a business or need, personal loan, Debt consolidation? For more information. We will provide you with loan to meet your needs. For more information contact Note: And many More:and many more at 2%interest rate; (Whats App) number: +919394133968 patialalegitimate515@gmail.com Mr Jeffery

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails