Wednesday, December 22, 2010

One Dollar Wednesday...my snowman spoons

I'm late in posting this morning, but I'm late at everything this time of year. So much to do, so little time!

I found these great vintage spoons at a thrift store... they were 4/$1.00, so I thought they would be perfect to use for One Dollar Wednesday. Now, I am not suggesting that spoons bought at thrift stores are good for eating from...but they are perfect for crafting.


Out to the Spray Paint Place for a coat of metal primer, and a quick coat of "snow" white.


Add an orange carrot nose with a permanent marker...


and additional details with a fine point Sharpie.

Cut four rectangles from scrap fabric,


and fold up the very end of the fabric to form a little rim for the hat.


Attach to the spoon with a dot of glue.


Complete the hat by gluing it together in the back, and adding a little yarn tie to the top. Now bend back the spoon~ the hardest part of this entire craft!


Hang the happy little guy on the tree for a season of snowman smiles!

9 comments:

  1. Okay, I know Christmas is over, but I am enamored with these cute little guys. I am bookmarking your tutorial for next year. They will be perfect for my grandchildren. I make them an ornament each year. Of course, mine will have to have their names & the year on the back of the spoon. So glad I discovered your blog; it looks like it will be so much fun. I am a new follower. Happy New Year!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I made some for myself and an ornament exchange. I added some snow-tex along the rim and Christmas embellishments. They turned out great! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Give out personal loans for debt consolidation, bad credit loans, unsecured loans, loans for bad credit and instant secured loans with cheap rates Do you have a firm or company that need loan to startup a business or need, personal loan, Debt consolidation? For more information. We will provide you with loan to meet your needs. For more information contact Note: And many More:and many more at 2%interest rate; (Whats App) number: +919394133968 patialalegitimate515@gmail.com Mr Jeffery

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails