Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Guest Post Tuesday Featuring: Liv of Liv(e) & Liv's Favs

We are SO excited to have our first guest blogger today, Liv of Liv(e) & Liv's Favs. I will let her introduce herself.....

I'm a self-proclaimed blogaholic, so I'm happy to be posting here today! Before I share my project with you, allow me to share a little about myself.
My husband Kev and I live in a Pink House with our two girls- our dog Maddie and our daughter Aspen. I blog over at Liv(e) and Liv's Favs because, y'know, I'm addicted to blogging. I worked in real estate before Aspen was born, and now I spend most of my days with her when I'm not teaching Yoga or Pilates.
I also run an Etsy shop, Liv(e) and Love, where you can find my hand-crafted jewelry, custom-made picture frames, and sometimes an amazing vintage piece.
I met the ladies of A lil bird... through the blogging world. SueAnn and I have since met in person so our babies can smooch on each other (we actually have friends in common as well, so that makes it easy to get together in real life).
Today I'm sharing a little project I did on a Saturday afternoon while Aspen shoved toys in her mouth for an hour. I used a $1 wooden frame from a craft store and covered it with ancient (seriously, from Kev's grandpa's basement) contact paper.
The contact paper had gridlines on the back, so it was easy to trace a piece slightly larger than my frame to cut out with a blade.

Once I had my piece sized, I slowly peeled the front from the protective backing and smoothed it out with my cutting board. After the contact paper was stuck onto the front of the frame, I flipped the whole thing over again and cut off the excess paper with my blade.
For extra shine and protection, I coated the front of the contact paper with mod-podge and voila! Done.

I cut this feathered friend out of a birthday card I received a few years ago and thought it was a perfect fit (especially for this website!). Since I already had all these supplies on hand, this project cost me nothing and I didn't even have to leave the house.
Thanks to the ladies of A lil bird told me for letting me visit today!

THANKS so much Liv for the AMAZING project! I am seriously in love with that frame! Be sure to check out Liv's blogs, ESPECIALLY her Etsy shop, I wish I had unlimited funds to buy so many of her cute creations!

Would you like to do a guest post on A lil bird? We would love to have you feature a project, your blog, or anything that strikes your fancy. Email us at alilbird3 (at) gmail (dot) com, we look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails