Wednesday, March 30, 2011

One Dollar Wednesday... cupcake pedestal

You may remember my post from October, when I revamped some burner covers to make a Halloween Pedestal. Well, the same trip I took to the Dollar Store~~Honk's for you lucky SLC peeps~~ I found these beauties.



I knew with the "springy" colors, they would be perfect to transform for my Baby's birthday. I've held onto them for long enough... Baby's birthday is next Monday!

Out to The Spray Paint Place for the candle sticks. A good coat of primer, and Ballet Slipper Pink.



While the paint was drying I made a scalloped edge on my scrapbook paper... using a "D" battery of course :).



The result...



the set...



here they are stacked...


and even with a yummy chocolate cake!


Okay, the cake isn't real, but looks good enough to eat, huh!

2 comments:

  1. This is a GREAT idea I love cake stands but they are hard to find and pricey for neat one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!! Thank you so much for sharing! This is perfect for me too:) Thanks for linking up to the handamde hog:)

    xoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails