Tuesday, August 23, 2011

50 Golden Years

Thursday marks my parents 50th wedding anniversary! 50 golden years is a big deal, so a few weeks ago we through them a small party of family and a few friends to celebrate. We had to do it before school started so everyone could attend. I think it turned out well. I started the planning process at the beginning of the year and wasn't feeling super creative. Thankfully there are plenty of creative people out there sharing the ideas on the world wide web. The "theme" was gold, since it was a golden anniversary. The "50" photo collage was Martha's idea, that woman is amazing. I decided to do a mix of color and b/w photos, mainly because I was lazy and didn't want to change them.

My niece made this cute arraignment from pie tins. Isn't it so cute!! You can find the full tutorial here.
I saw this idea last year on Ohdeedoh and bookmarked it, I knew I would want to use it and this was the perfect occasion. Instead of a guestbook, we had everyone "leaf" their thumbprint. We bought a foam board from the dollar store and cut it to 16x20, my husband the artist drew the tree, and my sister in law made the names and date in vinyl. Here is the before.....

And the after. Once it was full we framed it and my parents now have it hanging in their home.
We had a small luncheon with sandwiches, salads, and desserts. I found this fun gold star edible glitter at Hobby Lobby. It was way cute, but since I made the cupcakes the day before it bled a little and wasn't as gold. Lesson learned for next time.
One of my other sister in laws made the cake. SHE MADE THIS.

It was so delicious, yummy red velvet, and an absolutely stunning cake.

I did a DIY favor bar where guests could take a little scoop of gold with them.

We put our projector to good use and my brother made a slide show of the pictures throughout the years. It was great, he had the photos set to songs from the decade they were in. I loved it.
For the centerpieces I found some wood letters at Hobby Lobby, with a little gold paint, and some super glue, they turned out really cute. We added "50" confetti throughout the tables.
These tissue pomanders were fun and inexpensive, but I am not going to lie, they took awhile to make. My sisters, sister in laws, and nieces had a craft night and it took all of us a good 4 hours to make 12 of these. We found the candelabras at the dollar store, and did 2 different sized to signify my Mom and Dad.
Overall it was a great party, it is always fun to get together with family, visit, and eat don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. Great idea's for the 50th Anniversary Party! Planning my Dad's 80th Birthday Party next year! Congrat's to your parents for 50 years of Wedded Bliss... NeeCee at pinecreekstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute ideas for such a very special occasion. I can't believe that we could be celebrating our "50th" in only 8 years -- YIKES!
    :) CAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. great ideas!!! love it

    I'd love it if you could share this post on my new link party, serenity saturday over at www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ‍Then comes the question of what is SOW (statement of work) of any given project or assignment. Few of us get along that SOW is the same as the scope of work. The statement of work (SOW) in an RFP or RFQ defines a project’s goals, deliverables and performance criteria. A scope of work (SOW), included in the statement of work, describes the specific tasks the contractor will perform to meet objectives. In a freelance marketplace for telecom engineers, Statement of Work (SOW) holds of paramount importance so as to comprehend better before initiation.

    sow

    ReplyDelete
  5. We Give out personal loans for debt consolidation, bad credit loans, unsecured loans, loans for bad credit and instant secured loans with cheap rates Do you have a firm or company that need loan to startup a business or need, personal loan, Debt consolidation? For more information. We will provide you with loan to meet your needs. For more information contact Note: And many More:and many more at 2%interest rate; (Whats App) number: +919394133968 patialalegitimate515@gmail.com Mr Jeffery

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails